Convert to point-less (Ignitor)

Caution!!!

This article doesn't finish. Mine IGNITOR kit (MR-LS2) has some trouble so far. I asked the shop to modify and correct the kit. I still have to install modified kit and check how goes well. (10/20/2007)

-------------------------------

Finally, I installed electronic ignition kit named PerTronix Ignitro to my Fulvia Sport 1,3S.
Here is how to install it. Actually it was really easy to install. If you are familiar with Marelli distributor, it may take less than 30 min. But in my case, it took about 1.5 hr since the advancer was TOO dirty. Therefore I removed the destributor from the engine.


First of all, I replaced destributor cap. Next, I marked the position of destributor and took several degital image (to memorized correctly everything in case of removing the destributor).
In my case, the advancer was TOO dirty with wearing out grease and rusty-dusty. So I decided to remove it and clean it.


Ignitor kit for Marelli S105C destributor is MR-LS2. In the package of the product, I found these, module, plate, and some short parts. This type of Ignitor is lobe(robe? rob? lob?)-sensor module. It does not use magnetic collar. It seemed a slight different product than other Ignitor kit, I guess.


Of course, the plate and module were fixed without modification, it was a bolt-on kit, although I ground the base of module slightly. Because the base touched to the screw of the plate.

The module should fixed 0.2-0.3 mm interspace between cam of destributor and itself.


After attached the destributor with Ignitor, I connected red lead wire to + of coil and black one to - of coil. That's it!

Unfortunately, I could not finish adjustment of ignition timing after installed Ignitor, but it seems quite OK.
Over all, although I still have to check how improve, but I can say it is goof so far.

Notice; they say if you keep turn on the ignition key even the engin NOT running, the adverce electric current might brake the Ignitor module. It may only bad thing??

----------------------------

I have adjusted the timing so far. It seems strange since when I run as idle speed or below 2000rpm, engine runs so far OK, but when I give gas to engine, mis-fire and never run above 4000rpm. Moreover I feel very low power and can't run using 3rd gear or more. Ummmm.

Something is wrong. So I asked the shop to check what is wrong. He analyzed my IGNITOR and found the problem. The position of holes for attachment of the IGNITOR on the distributor were wrong! He made new holes.



I will install modified IGNITOR and see how it goes.

コメント

KEI さんの投稿…
Dear Fulvia lovers,

I have to add my comment since I could not finish everything such as adjustment of ignition timing and gap between cam and Ignitor sensor. The idle was so far good, but I still have mis-firing in high rev.

Now I asked the shop to check what is wrong.
KEI さんの投稿…
Finally, the trouble was found by the dealer of IGNITOR. Mine was totally suck, it seems wrong product in the package. The guy adjusted the position of module on the plate. I will put it again in weekend and see how works.
KEI さんの投稿…
Dear Fulvia lovers,

Yahoo!
It works well. The start of the engine is quite smooth, the idle is stable, and my Sport runs very well. I relatively feel punch when I give gas to the engine using the original point system instead of using Ignitor. But in total, Ignitor gives me a easy start, smooth increasing rev, and not necessity of point changing and adjustment anymore. It is quite big advantage, I guess.

KEI
匿名 さんのコメント…
You, probably, were mistaken?

このブログの人気の投稿

ウェーバーキャブセッティング 暫定版

インテーク清掃(BMW 320d F31)

Weberキャブセッティング その後